Don't know why, just been busy with things and forgetting to photograph stuff when it happens.
I had lots of bits and scraps of fabric I have collected, found and been given over the years and every now and then it gets on top of me.
So I went through my collection/stash and pulled out all the bits I can make yoyos out of and all the strips for putting into a rag rug. Some were not strips but just ugly fabric which went ripped into strips would fit in well with other ugly fabrics. So here are a collection of photos of the progress of my first rectangular rag rug for the floor I have made.
I decided to do light then dark so when the light is low and it is on the floor it will look stripey.
The video they offer is really good. There are lots of you tube videos for how to do it. That's where I got started.
So you can see the brown strip is like the foundation. It is not seen when finished so can be anything at all. It is an old sheet torn up.
Stay tuned for rag rug 2 that I will join with this one when it is on the floor. Making them in 2 lots will make it easier to wash them.
They should fit in the machine ok.