Here are some snaps of my finished rag rug.
It is about 3 1/2 metres long and is in 3 sections. Laced together so I can undo a section if I need to chuck it in the washing machine.
It took a month or two but was good to make. Very therapeutic actually, in 2 ways. The first is the repetitive action, focusing on the process. And secondly I used up a lot of otherwise ugly or unsuitable for patchwork fabric.
I have made round ones before but this was my first rectangular one. Made going up a side and flipping it over and going up again and flipping, etc.
I did have a problem with some of the edges though. As the fabrics were of different weights the stitch size was quite different and this meant the width started to vary. I got so caught up in the doing I didn't pay much attention to the sides and as you can see, it bulges in one spot. But that's ok because there is a doorway there and the swelling helps to keep it in place. Mind you it is very heavy and thick and isn't going to slip around at all.
|Had to snap the suns rays shining through what I thought was smoke from our chimney but M thought it was mist from the mountains. He is such a romantic!|