Saturday, September 15, 2012

custom made fabric items

Hi there,
In between gardening I have been doing lots of sewing. Me and my sewing partner, T, have had a few custom orders of late, here are some pictures of what we have made.
This set of 12 placemats and matching table runner have gone to Gidgegannup in Western Australia. I love that name. I was close to buying 25 acres there about 25 years ago, but decided I didn't like my partner at the time enough to get into debt with him.
These are made from fabric sourced from factory offcuts. Huge amounts of this fabric was being dumped. It is beautiful stuff.
In April we did all this bed linen for a lady.
This one is a doona cover and matching cushions
This is a traditional quilt and matching cushions.
 She brought the fabric back from Africa during a holiday, also made this table cloth and a couple of cushions from this African fabric.

Last year I made these tablerunner and placemat set for her from this Asian fabric.

And just recently we are working on 4 baby play mats in boys colours. Here are mine.



Flannelette fabric on the top and wool wadding in between with a linen back on one and an old but good sheet on the other.
And these two are T's.
I think we did marvellously to make two 108cm square quilts each in a week. Especially as T works 3 days a week and we were finishing the placemats at the top of this post.
So feeling exhausted right now but on a high. So much so that I quickly made another one.


 This one is to go into our shop for sale. It was easier to make than the others as the front is one piece of fabric, not pieces joined together. The back the same and a nice whole piece of wadding. And I wrapped the backing around the front to make the binding. Pinned with my no melt flat head pins and ironed the hem down flat and triple stitched it for good effect.
It looks very busy but I think it will hold great interest for a baby to crawl around on. Hope so anyway.
cheers
Dayla






No comments:

Post a Comment