Saturday, September 24, 2011

Yay! Just sold another quilt!

Yay! I get so excited when I see an order come through from Madeit. Here is the link so you can see the item, it is really pretty if I do say so myself.
http://www.madeit.com.au/detail.asp?id=302545

Here is one I am working on at the moment.
I haven't done the binding on this one yet, but it will be done by the end of the week.




This is the back. It is made of as whole piece of fleecy fabric, a blanket really. Light weight and very soft and warm.

A close up of the back showing the quilting.

A close up of the front. The fabrics used are a mixture of new fabric at a reduced price due to its being discontinued, Op shop bought and free stuff and upcycled fabrics -meaning cut out of other items like dresses or table cloths, stuff like that.
 I like to be frugal with my fabrics. There is so much stuff being chucked away by our consumer society, I just try to reverse some of the waste and keep it in circulation a bit longer. The fabrics are in good condition, nothing rotten.
I do get a great deal of satisfaction out of trying to live simply and frugally. I know it sounds weird and I am as surprised as anyone, but it feels good taking control of your own destiny! How can it not?
Dayla

No comments:

Post a Comment